Permutation of a set
- Note: permutation on a set redirects here.
- A bijective function, [ilmath]f:X\rightarrow X[/ilmath]. Recall that bijective means injective (1:1) and surjective (onto).
- The collection of all permutations of a set forms a group under function composition - see the permutation group. The symmetric group is a special case of the permutation group when the set is finite.
- Rings, Fields and Groups - An introduction to abstract algebra - R. B. J. T. Allenby
- Abstract Algebra - Pierre Antoine Grillet